3rd Trimester

PSA on Prenatal Gummy Vitamins

Well, I feel like an idiot and maybe this is common knowledge. I'm sure a lot of you will being saying, " DUH! You didn't know???" But if I can enlighten just one other person- then it's worth it.

I started this pregnancy taking the Target brand Up and Up prenatal vitamins which are a generic version of Stuart prenatals and contain adequate amounts of all of the suggested vitamins/minerals. After having morning sickness for 5 months, I was getting desperate to try anything to relieve my nausea and switched to the Target brand Up and Up Prenatal Gummy Vitamins. (I don't think I compared or studied the label- I assumed the two were comparable to eachother. Anyhow, my doctor discovered that I am anemic after my last blood test and has put me on Iron supplements. I researched possible causes and decided to double check the label on the Gummy vitamins- which are a generic version of the vitafusion vitamins. Low and behold, the gummies contain NO iron- as in 0%. I was shocked and of course scolded myself for not checking. Turns out my weeks of extra tiredness, shortness of breath, and trouble concentrating probably could have been avoided if I had read the label.

Oh well, live and learn. Check your labels- not all vitamins are created equal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml