August 2013 Moms

Painful, scary, confusing night - expecting the worst

After spotting for a month from basically ovulation until just after 6 weeks, it finally stopped for the last couple of weeks and things felt really good.  Last night, however, after supper I went to the bathroom to urinate and found some bright red drops of blood in the toilet - then as soon as I finished in the bathroom, I started to have pretty severe cramps, really low abdomen, behind my pubic bone and through my pelvic floor.  Within five minutes it was bad enough that I decided to go to the ER, I couldn't even stand up straight but sitting/bending was extremely painful as well.  I'm not one to go in for just anything, but this was pretty bad.

Unfortunately the doctor couldn't get the ultrasound machine to turn on (WTF?!) - damn small town, the nearest big hospital is in the city over an hour away.  Anyways, he did an internal exam to try to rule out ectopic, which he felt wasn't the case as the pain wasn't on the sides, very clearly low and central.  Obviously there was nothing they could do there for me, so I was sent home to wait it out and see how things progress.  He felt miscarriage was imminent and things would likely "resolve" themselves by morning with me having a heavy bleed and passing clots and such, but if I didn't have this obvious indication of m/c I'm to go back in this morning and hopefully the ultrasound will be working and we can see just what's going on.

The pain abated a fair bit through the night but of course my mind just wouldn't stop, so I haven't slept.  I haven't really had any more bleeding since what I had when this all started, just a bit more red in the toilet but only a spot in my pad, so of course I just don't know what to think.  Part of me wants to find some hope in this, but the practical side of me knows that's unlikely so I'm preparing for the worst - I'm just not looking forward to going back in only to find the ultrasound is still not working and having to wait this all out in limbo, I'd rather just know for sure even if it's the worst news.  Thanks in advance for your kind thoughts, I truly appreciate being able to air this all out to a group of women who will understand what I'm going through, it's helping me to come to terms with what's happening and hopefully I can update later with some solid info either way.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml