Pregnant after IF

XP: NT Scan or MaterniT21?

For my first pregnancy, which was last year, I did the NT scan.  There was no mention of the MaterniT21 test, presumably because it was so new (1st tri was the end of 2011).

This time, my RE wants me to do both tests, due to my age (will be 40 in a few weeks), but when I called the MTM who my OB had already scheduled the NT scan with, the doctor said pick one or the other.  When I told her (the nurse was passing along this info to the doctor while we were on the phone and I could hear her in the background) that my RE recommended both tests, the MFM just said we would discuss it at my appt.

So, my question to you is, if you had to choose which test to do, how did you decide?  Also, if you were able to do both, how did that come about?

I'm torn, because I'd like the ultrasound from the NT scan, but would love to learn the sex from the T21.  I know they both cover roughly the same genetic issues with the bloodwork, so not really sure how to decide. 

TIA for any insight.

ETA: I should have specified I would be doing the entire quad screen, not just the NT scan.  I forget the NT scan is part of the quad screen. 

10/10: Married DH; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, EDD: 8/23/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker