3rd Trimester

Alright- someone teach me how to wear compression hose... sorry if this is long

So- earlier in my pregnancy I bought a pair from Motherhood, it said buy your pre-pregnancy size so I bought a Medium even though I was borderline small according to the chart. They sagged 2" in the crotch as soon as I took a step, it was like the legs weren't long enough so I wore them once and threw them away. My LPN told me to wear compression socks two weeks ago when I had a potential blood clot scare, so I went out and bought five pairs and it totally killed my wardrobe options since they only come in black and white. Well, at me checkup Monday my OB says I need the full hose so I went back to buy another pair and they only have the same pair I had last time, so this time I bought a large. I wanted to kick the lady at the store when she told me "You know, they are supposed to fit tight..." thanks- I wasn't aware that the gap in the crotch area was the norm...

The large fit a little better, I'm at about 1" gap instead of 2" so it's more manageable, but still obnoxious. The sales lady told me if I still had the sagging issue to buy the bike short looking underwear to put on OVER the tights. So yes- maternity granny panties, compression hose, bike short underwear things and THEN my normal clothes?!? Let's see how many times I pee myself trying to get undressed in the bathroom... 

So- point is- anyone have any suggestions, other brand recommendations (not the $65 pair from Pea in the Pod since I need more than one pair), SOMETHING to save me from looking like a pre-pubescent boy adjusting my crotch every five minutes?

Lilypie Maternity tickers