Indiana Babies
Options

WWYD re: Keepsake

I am trying to purge all the stuff in our home before we pack everything up and move. Today I came across a quilt which was quilted for me by my grandmother, who is deceased. She quilted one for each of her 13 grandchildren. I received mine probably 10 years ago, and since that time it has remained in a clear plastic bag stored in the attic or basement of wherever I've lived. I've never used it. Honestly, it is heinous. It is hot pink mixed with a bunch of 60s-70s colors and polyester, since all of the fabric came from scraps my grandmother had from making my mom and her siblings' clothes when they were young. I cannot imagine a scenario in which I would ever use or display this quilt, or pass it on to Jocelyn. So, I keep it stored. This seems silly. So, WWYD - keep it, stored for eternity because it is a "keepsake" or find some worthy use for it, like donating to a shelter or something? I feel terrible for even asking, but I'm just trying to be very practical about what we keep in the move!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker