August 2013 Moms

Concerning u/s

I have a good friend who is an ultrasound tech at a local hospital. She offered for DH & me to come by this morning so we could get a peek at the baby. It started out really exciting. We got to see our little squirt moving about & wiggling arms and legs (simply amazing!!!). Heart rate was 178 and everything looked perfect. After checking out baby my friend noticed another image on the screen. She said she thought it was another baby, to which I laughed because I thought she was just kidding around. But then she showed us the baby, and then the other image. She said that she could make out what appeared to be another yolk sack but there wasn't what looked like another baby. My friend measured it and said it's about the size of what a 9 week old fetus would be (I'm 10w5d today) but she didn't see a heartbeat. It's not attached to the healthy baby and there is only one amniotic space (so if it was a twin it was identical). We printed some pics that I'm going to take to my OB and set up an appt to have another transvaginal u/s (today's was abdominal) so that we can get a better idea of what is going on. I'm so thankful that we have a healthy little one growing, but I'm nervous as to what the image on the u/s was and if it will have any negative effect on my pregnancy. Of course it's Saturday and I can't call my doctor's office until Monday. I haven't had any unusual symptoms (no bleeding, pain, etc.)

Has anyone had any experience with something like this??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml