August 2013 Moms

Eclampsia x2?

So ladies who already have one or more, here's a question. Did you have eclampsia with your first? If so, did you have it with your second? 

I am scared to death. I had full blown eclampsia with dd. I had bp that sky rocketed to 250/200, passed out in a mass seizure, was put on Mag sulfate, and prepared for emergency c section (completely knocked out) @ 29 weeks. It was horrible. Dd came out a fighter -- born at 1lb 13oz and 13"long. Preemies are very hard work. I'm so scared it'll happen again. I have to say however, that I'm significantly thinner than I was then, I eat a whole lot less, drink a ton more water, and my bp is in normal ranges (@the doc it was 116/71). This new o.b.is awesome and I appreciate him monitoring me so closely. He made me do a 24 urine test and has done blood work to check my kidney function. I'm also seeing a perinatologist (first appt on thurs right before u/s). The only positive thing I can say about seeing a perinatologist is that I''ll get more ultrasounds lol. 

Anyone been in or know anyone who has been in a similar situation? the o.b. didn't discuss the percentages or likelihood of it being a repeat occurrence, which I will definitely ask about on thurs. Any insight -- good or bad?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml