3rd Trimester

Very painful irregular contractions at 34 weeks

Last night I woke up with the stomach flu and timable painful contractions. I was going to go in, but I waited about an hour, and they became irregular. I went into the doctors and she said to go to L and D if they get regular again. I can't believe how bad they hurt, I haven't gotten more than a stretch of a half an hour sleep with out being woke up by them. They are horrible in my back. I am drinking as much as I can, basically sipping little sips all day long.  Anyone ever expierence this? I was told not to go in till they are regular esp. since she knows they are very painful. I think she believes they will go away once the stomach bug is gone, and since they are irregular they are non-productive. Never had anything like this before. Not full blown labor bad, but have to stop what I am doing bad, cried a couple times, can't sleep bad.

ETA: She didn't check me since she was affraid of starting something so I have no idea if or what they are doing. She did say that the baby still seems pretty high so I think that is why she was less worried because he hasn't dropped.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml