August 2013 Moms

What a day!

(I apologize for the details, but I need to vent this out!) I woke up today and got ready for work as usual(I'm a teacher).  My husband made me a smoothie which I proceeded to drink, and all was well.  He left for work, and disaster struck.  I coughed to clear my throat, gagged myself, and proceeded to vomit blood--not a little bit, but a lot--ounces.

I checked with my mom (a nurse) because this happened to me 2 years ago and I spent a day in the hospital only for them to basically tell me they couldn't find the cause, or more bleeding. She said it was probably nothing to panic over--just call my midwife.  I HAD to go to work, so I took my morning classes and cleared my afternoon. I was in a constant state of worry. I came home and called my midwife, who I was supposed to see this evening for appointment 2.  My appointment was moved forward and I left for the clinic.

Turns out, this is fairly common.  She said that I must have ruptured a vessel in my throat area because of the irritation.  I also have lost 3 pounds--which was a surprise because I've really had NO morning sickness!  Just mild nausea.

Anyhow, I had an incredibly stressful day...and then I heard my baby's heart beat! ...It was magical... 

Pregnancy Ticker