Breastfeeding

Breast pump and insurance questions

I'm due in May. I know it's a ways off, but I was trying to figure out if we'll need to buy our own breast pump. I called my insurance (Cigna) and they said it's covered 100% if we get it through Care Centrix. The only catch is that we have to have a doctor prescription and "diagnosis." I'll ask my doctor about this, but does that mean I have to have some sort of "issue" besides the fact that I'll be returning to work after 3 months and I wan to BF for a year? Also, I forgot to ask whether the 100% coverage includes renting or buying a pump, but the rep said the Ameda Purely Yours is the most common one people get, so I'm thinking that would be buying a pump? The Care Centrix rep said the doctor could request any brand though, but that the claim might take longer to go through the more picky/specific we were.

Thoughts, experiences? The Ameda Purely Yours looks like it gets pretty good reviews. If we could get this 100% covered by insurance and would allow me to keep BFing for a year, that sounds great! I'm just wondering if there's some catch, and whether needing a "diagnosis" is where things could get hung up... :/

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | no heartbeat 11/7/11 at 8w3d (baby measuring ~7 weeks)
D&C 11/14/11 - Goodbye, little June Bug

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | Good betas 8/22 & 8/25 | strong heartbeat 9/17/12 @7w1d
Perfect A/S 12/11/12 @ 19w2d - it's a BOY!

our blog

BabyFetus Ticker

PGAL March siggy challenge - Pet shaming.