3rd Trimester

Emergency vs. Planned c-section...

Can anyone tell me the major differences? I know it will be more calm and less rushed this time but other than that...

I had an epidural the first time (after 14 hours in active labor) and I continued to labor with pitocin until my 24 hour post-water break time was almost up. I didn't progress past 2 cm so it ended in a c-section.

Will I get a spinal or an epidural this time?

Will the catheter be put in after I am numb?

Is the recovery better for a planned c/s? 

Last time mine happened from 11pm-12pm and it was quite hectic. I had about 15 minutes to make the decision and then before I knew it she was here. This time, I assume the doctor will schedule me for a specific day and then what happens from there? My daughter was taken to the nursery last time for the night and I went to sleep and didn't actually get to meet her until the next morning. If this one happens during the morning, will I still sleep afterwards or will I not be tired? I am not sure if coming off of the medication will make me sleepy or if I will just continue on with my day.

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be prepared for how this will be different than last time. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml