3rd Trimester

DH travel for funeral- wwyd

Ok. This might be kind of long...so I apologize. 

Yesterday night we found out my husband's cousin died. He's only 34 with two very young children and it's just very very sad. My husband thinks he should go to the out of town funeral. I will be 37 weeks this weekend. I know that most FTMs go into labor late and all of that, and at my appt last Friday my cervix was still totally closed (which I know doesn't mean much, but still)..but on the other hand in the past week or so I have started getting VERY uncomfortable and I just dont really want him to go. This is my first question...under these circumstances I think I would keep my mouth shut and just tell him to go if that's what he feels he needs to do.

However, DH's mom and his cousin's mom (his aunt) have never gotten along and because of them kind of just not getting together anymore my husband doesn't think he's even spoken to this cousin in 13 years. His aunt doesn't speak to his mother at all, we didn't even know his cancer was back. A plane ticket this last minute is over $900...and it's about a 15 hour drive. I would like us to send flowers and make a nice donation in his name to cancer research and for him to stay home. Husband says he's afraid if he doesn't go, he will always regret it. I feel like funerals are for the living more than the deceased, and if he is not going to be a comfort to the family (he said his cousin's wife probably wouldn't even know who he is) then he shouldn't feel bad. I know if I ask him to stay home he will, but I'm not sure that's the right thing to do. Thoughts?

Sorry to start the morning off so heavy :(