3rd Trimester

Std question please no judgement

I am in my third trimester and I have type 1 herpes on my genitals. Not that I need to justify this to anyone, but I obtained the disease from my monagomous partner via oral sex. I rarely ever break out, only 3 times in the 6 years I've had it. My doctor wants me to take acyclovir to suppress the disease to insure I don't have an outbreak close to delivery. If I did have an outbreak while I was giving birth it would automatically mean I would have a c section. I absolutely do not want a c section. Has anyone taken this drug while pregnant? I have tried to do research on it but there is not enough information out there at this time. Because I do not have outbreaks often a tiny part of me thinks I don't need to take this drug. Obviously If I don't take it and have to have a c section that is what I will do because it is best for baby. I am afraid the drug will negatively effect baby and am at a loss as to which course I should take. Any help and experience with this would be greatly appreciated.  

BabyFetus Ticker