3rd Trimester

attn: ANYONE with vaginismus

hi; only reply to this if you have or have had vaginismus, bc those who haven't will COMPLETELY not understand. thx

so i had vaginismus (REALLY BAD. like couldnt even wear tampons bad) before i got pregnant, but i got better after i got married once i got physical therapy so i could get pregnant but sex hurt so bad since ive been pregnant (all the pressure down there has engorged the downstairs area making things really painful) it's been so bad that we just put intercourse on hold, but i had my first cervix check today (im 37 wks) and it BURNED when my OB even tried to put a q tip in! and when she checked my cervix with her finger she could hardly get it in and it hurt SO SO SO SO bad. how did you get through those last few weeks before L&D???? i am not so much worried about L&D bc ill have an epidural and i hear nature kind of just takes over but all my cervix checks up to that point will be agony! my OB says she understands the condition and she is nice about it but i don't think she understands that she needs to slow down and hold every couple seconds when examining me so i can adjust etc etc, she just rams things up and tries to get it done quick and that just makes it worse. anyway. i am kind of freaking out. annnnny advice would be greatly appreciated. there aren't a lot of pregnant people out there with this condition and i don't know where to turn.