3rd Trimester

Disabled husband worried about not being able to pitch in

So I read an article about what dads-to-be are worried about and how to help him, but this one wasn't on the list and it has me stumped about what to do.

My hubby only has use of one hand, and he's really worried about not being able to pick up the baby by himself, change her, or feed her. We've been married for less than a year (baby's due date is our 1 year anniversary) and I can probably count on one hand the times I've had to help him with anything because of his disability. He's really self-sufficient and has learned to do just about everything one-handed. I told him that I have so much confidence in him and that if he can tie a tie with one hand, he can change a diaper. I think his concern is hurting the baby: dropping her, accidently hitting her with his disabled arm, etc.

I myself have very little experience with caring for babies. Is all of this stuff really a two-hand operation? Should I be worried about letting him try to do it on his own? And what can I say or do to ease his mind about the whole thing? Anyone in my same shoes? Any advice?