3rd Trimester

another BC question

ok, so I am trying to figure out what kind of birth control to go on after having the baby. We definitely don't want another baby for at least a couple years, but we DO want more kids. Here's the deal though, I might have PCOS and was diagnosed anovulatory when I was trying to get pregnant, and my doctor mentioned it may have been the birth control that contributed(I had been on the shot for a while, then a pill for a couple months). Also, the shot caused a LOT of bad side effects for me, at the time I didn't realize that they were due to the shot, but looking back I know they were. I'm also planning on breast feeding. All of this put together makes me really like the idea of a non-hormonal option, but I'm not sure what my options are.

Diaphragm: I've tried it, have one(I know I would need a new one), but I would like to be able to have sex more spontaneously than it really allows.

Condoms: husband HATES them

IUD: frightens me because DH is well endowed and has hit my cervix during sex quite a few times before, and I know that can cause scaring, and therefor more fertility issues, if it were to get dislodged 

anyone have any experience with other methods or are able to reassure me on any of my issues with these methods?

ETA: with the PCOS I have an EXTREMELY variable period, so I have gone months without one then suddenly get one, so I can't time anything at all. and we are on a budget, so something insurance would cover(husband is military so we have good insurance) that I may not have to buy all the time would be great, but not a requirement...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml