Blended Families
Options

Vent already!

BM has started sending me 'instructions' through SS. We had SS last night as she had a wedding. We dropped him home Sunday for one night and collected him again yesterday. Over the weekend SS told me 'mom said YOU HAVE TO collect me at 11am Monday'. She never contacted me so we collected him at 4 as we had planned to. Then yesterday SS told me mom said ' you are not to drop me home early tomorrow Tuesday'. It suited us so we didn't drop him home until 6pm this eve.

I did not get him the phone she instructed me to get him for Christmas. I got him the Lego. SS was upset as BM had told him we were getting him a phone.

For the last two weeks SS has told us that for his Bday Jan 12th his mom is taking him and his friends to the cinema on the Saturday our time BUT SS bday so we always split it with her. We said ok no prob. We will do pizza and sleep over on Friday night with two of SS cousins which we arragned over xmas, we are having DH sister and the kids down for dinner and the kids will stay and we will get him a smart phone then drop him home to BM around lunch time.

Yesterday when DH collected SS he hopped in the car and his first words 'mom said YOU HAVE TO take me and my friends to the cinema next Saturday.

DH told SS that we already had plans in place for his bday and he will not be taking them to the cinema. SS was shocked! When they got here SS came right to me to 'tell' on DH and he was visibly upset. He thought I would jump in and rescue the situation. I just listened and then talked with DH. We agreed we were not going to bend and today we told SS together.

Both DH and I feel horrible for SS because he is being put in the middle. Isn't it horrible that for his bday BM bounced him to DH and DH bounced him back. BUT we feel we have to stick to our plan and not let her 'bully' us.

DH is raging and he wanted to call BM today to discuss read fight. I asked him not to and to start the year as we mean to go on. We will just stick to our plans and accommodate her only if it suits us. DH will text her during the week and tell her we are not doing the cinema.

Any opinions on how we handled it?

I have a feeling that 2013 is going to require a lot of being the bigger person.

Otherwise we had a lovely Christmas and SS spent a lot of it here.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml