Breastfeeding

Increasing daytime calories

We have had significant sleep regression since ~6months and this momma is getting tired of not getting a reasonable stretch of sleep herself - LO will sometimes sleep 6 hours now but only 4 of those are after I go to bed most nights, and the interrupted sleep is wearing on me.

Anyway....I am fairly certain that part of the reason (if not all of the reason) for her night wakings is hunger and needing to eat - she has also shot up in growth over the past 1.5 months, gaining 2lbs in the last month when she has been so far a lb-a-month kind of baby.

But she already eats 15oz from bottles at DC and another 1-2oz in oatmeal while I am at work, and that is about all that I can pump, so I don't want to send more milk or have DH give her a bottle at night before I get home from work.  She feeds from me once in the am before DC, once when I get home, and once before bed (~1.5-2 hrs after I get home), as well as two full feedings overnight.  If I could wean her from one of those, that would be awesome.

Is the answer more solids?  If so, how much?  She currently eats 2-3TBSP (dry measure) oatmeal w/ breastmilk and 1oz of fruit, and sometimes does and sometimes doesn't eat 2oz of what we offer for dinner (we're trying to expand her veggie repertoire).  Maybe she needs lunch and breakfast at daycare?  I'm hesitant to send foods I'm not sure she'll eat, though...

Unfortunately she hates avocado.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
? BFP 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ?

? BFP 9/18/11 DD born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ?

Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule; mycoplasma/ureaplasma STD found & treated ? 3/17/11: Hysteroscopy to remove polyp ? Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11; RAI 5/9/11
Cancer killed! 5/19/11
Medical green-light to TTC 8/15/11..BFP 9/18/11! <a href="http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/mmperea/Decorated images/?action=view