Breastfeeding

Cuteness Overload...

After much blood, several scabs, and painful, slow-healing, and cracked nipples, we have had some good days in a row. Now that I don't have to breathe and pray through each feeding, I'm finally getting the "bonding" fun of all of this!

DD usually has milk on her chin when she's done eating, which cracks me up. She always has to stretch (a sure sign that she's full) and then immediately passes out. DH says she's milk wasted. We laugh because when she gets hungry, she immediately stops crying/fussing when she's handed to me and then opens her mouth a little and just waits. She'll get this horribly offended look on her face when she's given a paci if we need to buy time, so we tried giving her a pinky instead. But today, she gave me the "are you serious" look when I tried to give her my pinky, so it looks like she's figured out that doesn't have milk in it either.

Anyway, after a couple of my frantic "Bfing is going horribly wrong and I don't know what to do" posts, I thought I would post a more positive one this time lol. Nips are still sensitive, yes, and I'm still very much trying to figure everything out, but to whoever it was that said don't quit on a bad day, thank you. I'm finally starting to enjoy it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml