Breastfeeding

LCs out there? help my Stupid boobs.

Seriously oversupply issue. I read this excerpt from an article online. This is exactly what's happening. And I'm having multiple letdowns and my little 4 week old can't handle them. He's starting to not even want to latch. Wtf. I feel like I've had every boob problem under the sun. I just want to be able to satisfy my baby!

Oversupply isnt just about having too much milk. If that was all there was to the problem, it probably wouldnt be a problem. Oversupply is usually accompanied by a letdown that causes mom to spray milk at a high rate, which causes the baby to choke and swallow air. What eventually happens is that the baby fills up on the milk, which contains very little fat and air and this leads to gas and stomach pains. This causes the baby to appear colicky and have explosive gas and bowel movements. And also want to nurse constantly, perpetuating the cycle of oversupply and colic.

I can't feel my let down happening but he comes off and it sprays like 3 inches in the air. I have multiple per session. So if I pump at the beginning, that only saves him from that first letdown. Also, last time I pumped my supply got all screwed up and I felt like I was getting mastitis. My other breast has such a bad clogged duct that I can't get any milk out. So one boob doesn't work and the other works too much. I don't know what to do. EP? FF? I can't even get him to take a bottle. Ahk.

I've been crying all day. I hate that I'm choking him and causing him to unlatch. He is sooo gassy too and has been having all liquid poops. Terrible mom!