Oklahoma Babies
Options

Am I the only one that feels this way?

My name is Drew and I am an expecting dad any day now. Throughout this process of preparing for our new baby I have noticed that it is difficult to choose what crib to buy, what dresser will work, should we get the angel care monitor, will our baby like the mommaroo, etc, etc... A lot of this stuff is expensive, and if the baby doesn't like some of the stuff we pick then we either have to try and return it, sell it, store it for the next baby, give it away, or trash it. 

I feel like there should be an easier way to do this. I mean we can demo and/or rent movies, music, cars, trucks, kayaks, and a whole lot of other things to see if we like it. Yet, I have not found an option for expensive baby equipment. 

Am I the only one that feels this way? I know there are safety concerns with car seats, and most of the time stores will let you demo them outside the store. But what about strollers, baby swings, mommaroos, pack and plays, cribs, angel monitors, video and sound monitors, and other gadgets like that?