Breastfeeding

2?s - pacis and burping

1) Which brand of pacifiers work for your LO?  We were using Soothie sparingly when DS was young, and he would suck on it.  However, he no longer likes it.  We also tried Nuk and he wouldn't take it either.  He gets very fussy at times and we have been giving him our pinkie finger but this can't go on forever!

2)  I have an overactive letdown (I'm working on calming that down) so DS gulps when he nurses.  As a result, he is quite gassy.  He used to be fast asleep at the end of a feed; these days he fusses and cries which I believe it's because of gas.  He is hard to burp as well.  I've read that I should take him off the breast several times to burp him, however, when I tried that, DS screams bloody murder and cries even more (thereby taking in more air). I assume he cries so hard b/c he is still hungry?  

I just REALLY sad that DS used to look so happy, calm and peaceful after a feed; now he's so miserable and fussy!  This is making BFing much less enjoyable for me.  Please tell me it will get better!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml