Breastfeeding

Does this sound right?

I don't know where to post this and I don't know if this is judgmental, but I know of a bf'd 1 m.o. who was admitted to hospital yesterday for dehydration (that's not what I'm judgmental about). I asked a third party today how baby was doing and third party said a number of things including that mom wasn't allowed to bf because of all the IV's and stuff. Um. Why is the hospital telling mom this and why is mom letting the hospital tell her she can't bf? I know of a lot of babies who were sick and hooked up to IVs and machines and mom was able to bf or do kangaroo care and if you can kangaroo care you can probably bf. It just doesn't sound right that she couldn't or wouldn't insist she bf her dehydrated baby. I know I'd tell the hospital to eff off and I'd feed my baby. Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

ETA: I guess I'm upset that people are too easily influenced and not supported in healthy and normal things like bf'ing. Whether that is the fault of the patient or the system I don't know.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml