Breastfeeding

6 months today :)

Hi ladies! I haven't posted on this board before, but I really wanted to share this:

I'm a FTM and my DS is 6 months old today! My goal was to BF until 6 months and I'm thankful to have met that goal. It wasn't easy in the beginning and I honestly hated it until somewhere between the 3 and 4 month mark, but we pushed through.

I've been lucky enough to SAH this whole time. I'll be starting Massage Therapy school in February, so DS will have to go to DC for about 6-7 hours Monday-Friday. Now that I've met this goal, my new goal is to BF for as long as possible and if I make it to a year then that would be awesome. I pump once right after his morning feeding, and we use that 5 oz for his bedtime bottle. I pump right after we get him to sleep and get around 2 oz, which we use to mix with his oatmeal during the day. I probably only have about 40oz frozen since we use what I pump for the day.

I don't know if I'll be able to pump while I'm at school. My plan is to nurse before I drop him off and when I pick him up, so he'll only need 2 bottles while at DC. I know we're supposed to get 10 minute breaks every hour (school is 9-1:30, and it's a 45 min drive each way). What do y'all think? If I have to give him formula during DC and BF the rest of the day I guess that'd be good too.

Just looking for advice I guess. TIA:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml