Breastfeeding

Kidney stone

I have a kindeny stone! Im in alot of pain. I went to ER, they gave me lots of pain meds through IV. They gave me Toradol and said I cant nurse for 3 days. I was also given ibuprofen and vicodin to take home to help while I pass the stone. I called the pedi to check all the meds and they agreed that I shouldnt nurse for at least 3 days after taking the meds. I affraid Im going to dry up! I got the kindey stone from being dehydrated in the first place the ER dr said.

I spent the entire day in the ER, so I didnt nurse LO at all. I was full but not super engorged. Im worried my supply is going to tank! I have to take the pain meds, this kidney stone pain is unbearable, Im even considering going back to ER because of the pain.

Im trying to pump, but since Im dehydrated Im only gettting a little milk (didnt nurse all day then when I went to pump only got 3 oz per breast).

My question is.....when having a csection moms are given these pain meds all the time and they can still BF...why cant I? I was on percocit after my csection, which is stronger then vicodin, and I nursed him. Im ofcourse going to follow dr orders and not nurse but I cant help but wonder if its really necessary.