Breastfeeding

Hoping to BF LO2, supply issues w/LO1

Long story short:

DS was gaining well for the first two weeks of his life while I EBF.  My milk dred up sometime between the time he was 2 weeks old and 1 month old.  When he was a month old, he had fallen below his birth weight, was dehydrated and I ended up EPing but never got a full supply,  I only really started pumping when he was a month old. 

The LC I saw thought that he had ineffective suckle, and only got milk when my supply was driven by hormones, not supply and demand, since it dried up even though I was feeding him every hour....

I'm really nervous to have the same issues with LO2.  Anything I can do to preserve my supply?  Would pumping from day 1 help (with a manual, occasionally), or would that be a waste of time?  I am MORE than well aware of the supply and demand thing, even when I fed my son every hour, he wasn't getting anything and there was  NO increase in supply until I started pumping around the clock (and taking reglan, and fenugreek, and domperidone, illicitly ordered from Australia)...so TIA. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml