Breastfeeding

Ebf to solids poop ?

So my ebf LO has been slowly making the transition to more solids over the past 1.5 months (7months now).  Prior to this, he was pooping 1 time every 10-14 days, always soft, yellow, and seedy.  However, last week, he was very constipated and we used all kinds of tricks to finally get him to poop. (Prunes for several days, then prune juice for a couple days, massage, then a thermometer) He finally went but was clearly in pain. I'd like to avoid it in the future, so his feeding clinic recommended a little bit of prunes every day which we have been doing.  

However, I would expect with the switch to more solids, we would see more frequent poop, right? What is normal once they start solids? He's taking in 1-2 meals a day for a total of probably 4 oz of a variety of foods. We're doing a combination of baby led weaning and purees, so the 4oz would be the purees/ oatmeal he's getting. I asked both his pediatrician and the feeding clinic, but neither really gave me a straight answer.  Any experiences to share?