Breastfeeding

Medela Harmony manual pump users, I need help

LO is 5 wks old, and I just tried using my Medela Harmony manual pump this week.  I'm a SAHM so all I need is an occasional bottle for DH to feed LO if I happen to be out for errands (eg, dentist appt, haircut etc).

For those of you who use the Harmony, can you give me a 101 on what/how to pump effectively?  For the last 2 days I tried pumping after the morning feeds.  I got a larger phalange/shield (XL size) b/c the Med is way too small.  I use the let-down mode first and see milk flowing, then switch to the pump mode.  I get milk spraying for maybe 30 seconds but then it slows WAY down and stops.  Am I supposed to keep using the pumping part of the handle or switch back to letdown?  I pumped for 15 mins on one side (the side that LO didn't nurse from) and barely got 1 oz.  I know I make enough milk as I've done weighed feedings with LO and he takes in 3-4 oz.  Not long after I pumped LO wanted to nurse so I put him on the side I pumped, and there was plenty of milk as he was gulping.  I think I'm doing something wrong here, so if you can walk me through the right way to pump manually, I'd be very grateful!

Also, after several minutes, the pump gets all foggy from condensation, which makes it even harder to see if I have milk flowing.  Any thoughts/solution for that? 

BTW, I feel let-down when LO nurses (mild pain/tingling in the opposite breast) but I didn't feel any letdown when I tried pumping. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml