3rd Trimester

Technically full term

I had my daughter at 40 wks 1 day she is my first, and I had both my boys at 36 wks 5 days (coincidentally). They were sent home, close enough to term that both peds did not consider them premature. Well my second had reflux from hell, I mean projectile vomiting craziness. My third had ear infection after ear infection, had to have tubes, now has problems with stuttering (which may not be related of course). My first has always been the health problem free child. When she gets sick she never stays sick for long, the other two will be sick, and she won't get it etc..

I was talking with some friend who were in similar situation. They had term babies, but still were 2-3 weeks early, all of them seems to recount the same thing, the on time ones fair much better than the "early" albeit still full term ones. I thought it was kind of interesting. If you had a baby that was early but still considered full term do you find that they have a bit more problem here or there than either siblings or peers that were completely full term. I understand that is not the end all be all. I know plenty of full term babies with reflux and ear infections. This is not really a scientific conversation, more an anecdotal story time :)

Sometimes I think it was nice to skip the last month of pregnancy with my boys, but if indeed they needed to be inutero a bit longer I wished they would have stayed put a few more weeks. What is a few weeks in the long run. I did not induce (of course who would at that point) so it is nothing I did, just sort of thinking out loud, wondering what others think.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml