Breastfeeding

Newborn and thrush with no medicine

DD had her first newborn visit yesterday. Yeah I know it was super late... But anyway, she's healthy and gaining weight well. The pedi asked was I supplementing because she gained weight well compared to the other breastfed babies he's seen. Born at 6.3 left hospital at 5.14 and 11 days later she's 6.6 so yay for my piggy baby!

Now during this checkup, pedi looked inside her mouth and ever so casually mentions that she has thrush. I see the white patches on her tongue but I had just fed her before he came in the room. I don't see any white patches anywhere else in her mouth. She eats well and doesn't seem to be in pain. But the doc doesn't even offer a solution or medicine or any suggestions to get rid of it. He tells me to clean my nipples before feeding her....??

I'm still suffering from sore nipples. They feel a bit raw but it has been improving and the only time it hurts now is the initial latch for about 30 seconds. They are beginning to look healed up and almost normal as well.

So wtf is up?? You can't tell a person their newborn and nipples have a yeast infection and then offer no solution! I'd call back up there but I'm never bringing her back to that place again. I am making an appointment elsewhere but in the meantime, what do you think about this?? How can I tell if its really thrush? And what do I do until its treated?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml