Breastfeeding

Solids advice (long) (6-9mth board 2)

Ok so DD has had BM since birth and some formula since 4wks old. But her main diet has been breastmilk. She is a grazer. She eats like every 1.5-2 hrs or even sooner. 2hrs if im lucky or every hour. She does eat fast. And about a bottle of formula. She is a good size baby so I think she is just used to a lot.

Anyway we've started solids. We've  been having trouble getting her to eat any visible amount of baby food. The only time I've been successful is like if she hasn't eaten for 2.5-3 hrs. I don't feed her first thing in the am because it's when she gets the most milk at a time. I can see/hear her swallowing a ton. Plus I'm usually super full in the am. So Im afraid to interfere with that since we are tentatively hanging on to breastfeeding. 

It's hard to put solids on a schedule since we aren't on a breast feeding schedule. So she could eat at anytime of the day. It's making it difficult.

Now I haven't made mine own baby food yet. So far she's had jarred. I'm wondering if real food having more flavor would spark more interest? If she's really, really hungry she will actually open her mouth to eat the food and swallow. She ate 3/4 of a stage 1 jar the other day but had gone 3hrs since last eating.

Today I tried in the am and no lucky. She just sucked her thumb. Then in the afternoon she nursed and was still fussy for me. It was bottle time. I gave her oatmeal first and she ate it just fine?! Then no go for dinner.  

She hasn't started the pincer movement yet so I'm not sure she's ready for mushy pick up stuff.

Should I shoot for more scheduled feedings? Im a stay at home right now but will be doing part time work after the holidays. And I doubt any part time work I get will be pumping friendly. But that's a different issue.

Just not sure best way to proceed. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated.