1st Trimester

Convinced I am pregnant

A little over a week ago I started to get violently nauseous and all smells through out the house bothered me. My husband and I immediately thought I was pregnant. I took a test the next day (even though my period wasn't due for 2 days) it was negative.

For the next 3 days I couldn't eat because of the nausea and the smell aversion. Finally I was able to eat but not as much as I usually do and the nausea kept coming and going. Everyone I was around assumed I was pregnant. My period didn't come but I only get it 2/3 times a year so it is not unusual for me to not bleed one month. Over a week after the nausea started I took another hpt and again it was negative. I made a doctors appointment to try and figure out the source of the nausea and vomiting and my doc said I was pregnant. She ordered a blood test. It came back negative and she said to me "I don't know what it could be."

I can't shake the feeling that I still might be pregnant. I have health issues (Cystic Fibrosis, Double Lung Transplant recipient and diabetes), I am wondering if anyone as ever had false negative blood and hpt tests, but also if anyone know if my underlying issues can cause false negatives. I thought maybe the diabetes was a reason I had false urine tests but now just confused.

I have minor back and leg pain, metallic taste in my mouth, nasal congestion, constipation and a fullness in my lower abdomen. I am very in-tuned to my body because of all of my health issues. These symptoms are all unusual and not related to anything else I can think of.