3rd Trimester

Coping with weight gain - a little long

Hi everyone - I don't post often, I tend to just read through topics usually. But at 35w 1d pregnant, I'm really struggling with this and am wondering if anyone else has gone through the same thing. I've been lucky and have had a fairly easy pregnancy with the only issues being some back pain, being very sleepy, and having to retake the 3 hour glucose test twice! The part that's been the hardest for me is dealing with the weight gain! I think we are all obviously aware we are going to gain weight pregnant and I've only gained 25 lbs, so I know in the pregnancy standards I'm doing fine! My doctors/nurses, however, make sure to tell me each week if I'm gaining too fast and to watch my weight (I had gained nothing until almost 5 months, so I gained the rest the past 3.5 months). I feel like I get on the scale and worry about what I eat more now than I did before I was pregnant! Also, having some self confidence issues, I look at the non-pregnant women around me and feel so jealous! My husband is not the most "emotional" guy and doesn't quite understand why I feel so bad, but at the same time our daily sex has changed to once a week if I'm lucky. Sorry for the long post, but I'm curious if others are feeling like this and what you guys are doing to help you feel like a beautiful/sexy pregnant woman?! Thanks! IAmPregnant Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers