Breastfeeding

Working moms - tell me about your pump/setup/routine!

(XP from working moms board)

I still have a ways to go, but I am researching breast pumps and am trying to figure out which one would work best for my situation.

I will be going back to work after 12 weeks, and am hoping to BF for a year. I am lucky in that I have my own office with a door I can close, but our walls are very thin and I work with all men. There will be no secret about what I'm doing in there and I plan to be open with them about it. That said, it could get kind of awkward if I'm using a super loud pump since I share a very thin wall with my boss. I've heard the Medela Freestyle is quieter than the PISA, so I'm leaning toward that a bit at the moment. I also like the idea of going hands-free since my day can be kind of unpredictable sometimes and on super busy days, it would be good to be able to keep working while pumping. I do 99% of my work on the computer, so sound isn't as much as an issue there - it's not like I'm going to be on the phone while pumping.

The other thing to consider is that I take public transportation to work, which requires a fairly long and often crowded bus ride, followed by a pretty decent walk once I get into the city. Portability is key, and I'm even sort of toying with the idea of having two pumps - one for home and one for work, though that would be super expensive!! Thoughts? What works for you?

Oh, and we have a large fridge that hardly gets used (most people eat out), so I'm not too worried about storing my milk in there, but I could always put a small fridge in my office too.
BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | no heartbeat 11/7/11 at 8w3d (baby measuring ~7 weeks)
D&C 11/14/11 - Goodbye, little June Bug

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | Good betas 8/22 & 8/25 | strong heartbeat 9/17/12 @7w1d
Perfect A/S 12/11/12 @ 19w2d - it's a BOY!

our blog

BabyFetus Ticker

PGAL March siggy challenge - Pet shaming.