Breastfeeding

Stopped pumping and starting again

Hi ladies,

I don't post here often, but I hope you can give me some insight. I used to pump irregularly when DD was younger, just to get a small stash built up for babysitters/emergencies/etc. However, I've been a SAHM for 6 months and until recently there was no prospect of me working for a while.

However, I just got a new job and will be starting in about a week or so, so I need to start pumping again. I'm doing my first pumping session in about 4 months right now, and not getting a lot (which I expected). In fact, nothing at all is coming out of my right breast - I never had a problem with it before, so it probably has to do with the length of time that I didn't pump for.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with this, and how long it might take for the pumping to start producing a good amount again? Also, does anyone have any tips, such as the number of times/day that I should be doing in order to get my breasts readjusted to the pump or length of each pumping session until that happens?

TIA! 

ETA - I'll be pumping at work too, but I wanted to start early to somewhat rebuild the stash ahead of time.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml