1st Trimester

Breaking up with my OB

I'm hoping you ladies will have some advice for me.

Nothing terrible has happened with my OB, but they are a larger practice and I feel like I'm just being pushed through the motions. My first u/s was two minutes with terrible bedside manner and she was too rough with the vaginal probe, even after I told her it hurt. My OB talked more to my husband than me while he was manually examining me and I just was not impressed with the nursing staff.They are sending me to a dietitian, which I am fine with going to, but there has been so much miscommunication regarding this and I've spent two hours getting this mess figured out. I have an appointment with them on December 24th.

I have also been interested in visiting a midwife and have received a wonderful reference for one that deliveries at the hospital we wanted and has great reviews overall. She is taking new patients and I have an appointment December 26th with her. I'm planning on going to my old doctor's appointment and then the midwifes, so I can make sure that I really want to make the switch.

Am I stupid for wanting to switch? I liked having a bigger practice with just gynecological visits, but with being pregnant I like the idea of only visiting with 2 midwifes and getting to know them better rather than the 7 of them at my OBGYN. What is break-up etiquette? Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml