Pregnant after IF

Spotting and Cervical Length Question

I had a bit of brown spotting yesterday so went in for an u/s today.  Everything looked good with the baby.  

They found one area that the u/s tech initially said could be a SCH, but then the fellow thought was a blood vessel.  They said they didn't know where the spotting came from and kept saying spotting is very common but does increase your chance of m/c.  Thanks!  That totally didn't make me feel better and there's zero I can do about it!  I know I just have to wait it out but it's scary.

Then the u/s tech said that whenever someone comes in for spotting they measure cervical length.  So she measures mine, looks unsure, and gets the fellow.  The fellow measures it, says it's 2.3-2.5mm and that's short and they may need to give me progesterone and I'm at a higher risk for PTL etc. BUT they're having a hard time measuring and she wants to go talk to the attending.  So she comes back and says the attending says you can't measure the cervix accurately in 1st tri (so why did they do it?) bc the uterus hasn't grown enough to stretch it out and my cervix was curved and the measurement didn't take into account the entire length.  He says there's nothing to worry about and I don't need to follow up.

I'm so glad the baby looked good, but I'm uneasy about the other stuff.  Has anyone had experience w/ unexplained 1st tri spotting and 1st tri cervical length measurements? 

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
Lap 7/21/10
IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!.

James Paul born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker