July 2012 Moms

Today's Ultrasound

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure how to explain today.  According to my blood test (hormone levels) a few weeks ago, I should now be around 7 or 8 weeks pregnant.  Yet today all we saw was the yolk sac.  So the pregnancy is still too early to date, or is not viable. I go back on Tuesday to see if it has progressed at all.

I had my cry already, and will probably do so again, because although I was scared out of my mind about the repercussions of being pregnant so soon, I already love this baby.  I'm scared of losing it.  I can't help feeling awful because my first reaction to my BFP was fear and stress, and now we're in danger of losing it.  But do you remember the early days of our pregnancies, when so many of us were scared for various reasons?  Our mantra was "today, I am pregnant."  So that is now my mantra. 

We were planning to tell our parents this weekend, and we still plan to do so, because if it's good news, we want them to know, and if it's bad news then we will need our support system.  We probably won't make a big deal out of the ultrasound results, but will tell them enough so they won't be completely taken off guard if something bad happens.  

I'm hoping for the best and trying to prepare for the worst.  Please, if you have any to spare, we could use some prayers.

Edit: next appt is Tuesday, not Monday

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml