New Orleans Babies
Options

Vent about Dr. Perret and her office staff

I've had a pretty rocky relationship with Dr. P and her office. I'm in the process of switching to another doctor at Touro, but that appointment isn't until the end of the month so until then I've been calling Dr. Perret with any emergencies...

Last week I took my GD test. Because pre-pregnancy I had pre-diabetes as well as a family history of diabetes, I had a feeling my numbers wouldn't be very good. So I asked the lab tech about how long it would take for my doctor to get the results and she said end of the week at the latest. This morning I called Dr. Perret's office to see if they had results (the first time I met with her she said "If we don't call you, call us when it comes to lab results) and also because I've been having some leakage and I wasn't sure if it was normal.

The nurse, in typical fashion, wasn't there so the office took a message for her. She didn't call back within the first 6 hours so I called the office again to see if there were any hang ups but also because the leaking was increasing. She called thirty minutes later and asked what I needed. I asked about the GD test and she said, "Oh yeah, we got the results last week." "Were they okay?" "No. Your numbers are really high. You'll need to take the 3-hr test. Dr Perret asked me to call you about that." "Okay. When were you going to call?" "Oh, today." "Can I know what the numbers were and what I need to do for the three hour?" "You can just look it up online. Did you need anything else?" "I'm having leakage issues and I was wondering if you could tell me what I need to look out for to make sure it's nothing serious." *silence for a minute* "I see you have an appointment set up with Dr Lapeyrolerie on the 27th. Why?" "I am switching to her." "Why would you do that??"

It took a lot for me not to go off on the woman. But essentially I broke it down to a) appointments taking 2+ hours EVERY time b) the fact that I'm lucky if I get calls returned within a day or two ("we only call back the same day if you say it's an emergency") and c) the fact that as a FTM I don't know what to look out for and that's the reason why I visit a doctor and call; to know when I need to be mindful of things I'm still not sure about. But the fact of the matter is that the doctor and her staff herd us through the office like cattle.

She said she'd have the doctor call back but.... I just got a call from her saying that the doctor said they were going to rescind my lab work and that I should just switch to using Dr. Lap to send my lab work. That if it's an emergency they can help, but that since I'm switching they have no obligation to help me.

REALLY?!

Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker