1st Trimester

New years eve! :O

So where I'm currently living, unless you're a high risk which thank god I haven't been so far, they don't order an ultrasound until 20 weeks and even then you have to travel 3-4 hours and it's likely to be dated equipment as we're living at the 53rd parallel. As you all know any sort of wait when it comes to the health of your pregnancy can make it hard to be patient lol (this is my first too which I don't think is helping). Yesterday it occurred to me, thanks to some of your posts on here, that down south in real civilization there are private clinics you can pay for ultrasounds, duh! So after a little bit of research I discovered we could book an appointment to see our baby in 3D/4D when we drive 18 hours south to visit family for Christmas! It will only be 2 weeks sooner than my dr's appointment, on new years eve at that (exactly 18 weeks for me) but the quality will be higher and so worth the experience I think. Plus we'll be able to share the pictures and video with our family over the holiday (and possibly the gender!). Is anyone else planning on paying a private clinic to better their ultrasound experience? Has anyone done this that can share their experience? And thank you bumpies for giving me the idea! I can't think of a better way right now than to spend my new years eve day seeing our baby for the first time.
BFP 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
**PGAL/PAL Welcome**