July 2012 Moms

Stingy? Really, Mom?

So my mother & I don't have the best relationship. (LONG story...) But it's a work in progress & so I still try to include her when I can with DS. (Kind of hard to do when we live across country) Well, every 10-14 days I send out a mass email with what we've been up to & any milestones to ALL of the grandparents & other relatives with recent photos attached.

While on the phone the other day with my mom, she said when it comes to DS, she knows what a photo-fanatic I am & that I take more than I share. When it comes to giving photos of DS, she said that I am "stingy." I expressed to her the fact that EVERYONE gets the same pictures at the same time. If I attach 10 photos, everyone gets the same 10. If I only share 8 the next email, then everyone gets those same 8. I said that, contrary to what she thinks, I am not taking DSs photo every single day. Not to mention, there will be no 'special treatment' with any relatives when it comes to DS. I am trying to make this as fair as possible for everyone because I don't want to hear from one person: "Why didn't I get that photo?" ... (DH & I hung 1 of DS on our wall & MIL got in a tizzy because she "never got that picture..." to which DH said: "Because some photos, of our son, are for just us.")

What I didn't share with my mother was this: DH & I aren't really even keen on the idea of including my mom in these emails with photos because she has a knack for sharing too much on facebook & things & DH & I aren't comfortable with that. We made it abundantly clear to her that we don't want DS to be posted all over to people we don't know. (Which she's already done before, so our concerns are warranted).

It just bothers me that she doesn't seem to get that just because my siblings are one way with her & their kids, DH & I aren't going to be the same. OK-vent over.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml