Pregnant after IF

Need Some Advice

Hi ladies!

I wanted to post here because I don't want to be insensitive to those on the IF board, given I am technically PG.  However, my betas have been very, very low and I just don't think this is a normal pregnancy.

After my first beta, the nurse at the RE's office called me so excited (I've been at treatments for a while now); I was literally despondent when she told me the value (21).  I came in 2 days later, when she saw I was alarmed, she asked- what did you want it to be, like over 100?  With a face like this would be the craziest thing.  She then went on to tell me that her betas were just as low as mine, and her son is now 5. Great.

I spoke with the RE and he also seemed shocked that I was alarmed.  I told him that I had been doing internet research and ladies with transfers on the same date as me already have beta's in the 600's.  He seemed shocked that I thought this was an ectopic or chemical and told me "not to compare myself with others". 

The nurse said he will not do an ultrasound until my betas hit 5,000.  Seems like I've got a long, long way to go.

What should I do here?  Just keep waiting it out and live in the twilight zone with my RE and his office?  =)

If this is a chemical, will I ever just start bleeding on my own, or will the progesterone stop that?  If it is an ectopic, will I just start having massive pain at some point?  What are the symptoms of a blighted ovum?

I am so frustrated and scared.  Thanks for listening!

DOR and AMA
2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts (4AB & 3BB); 6 frosties = BFN;
Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
Follow up testing in September all clear;
Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
12/12- Officially an OB patient!
Keeping fingers crossed
Everyone is welcome!