Breastfeeding

?'s re. decreasing oversupply

You ladies gave me some ideas on how to decrease oversupply, but I have a few questions.

I am EP'ing for the time being. I pump 15 minutes every 3 hours. I get anywhere from 3-5 ounces per breast. My baby takes about 2-3 oz per bottle. So to decrease my supply, I was told that I should start gradually decreasing the amount that I pump. For example, continue to pump every 3 hours, but stop after I get 2.5 oz per breast, regardless of time...and keep gradually decreasing until I'm getting about +/- 3 oz combined breasts (so about 1.5-2 per breast).

My questions are:

1.  I want to clarify the plan to make sure I understand correctly.....so *should* this plan work for decreasing oversupply?

2.  How many days should I pump at each decreased level?...for ex, should I pump 2.5 oz for an entire week before bumping down to 2 oz?...more or less?

3. I understand the supply and demand relationship of breastfeeding, but I just want to clarify...as baby begins to take more per feeding than what he is taking now, my supply *should* increase appropriately, correct?...in other words, decreasing my oversupply at this point *shouldn't* negatively affect things in the future?

4. Until my supply regulates, is it okay to continue bottling and feeding baby what I am pumping?....or do you think it will initially be too much foremilk while I'm at the point of ending pumping sessions earlier than normal? 

5. Decreasing oversupply *should* in general help with forceful letdown, correct? 

Any other advice or pointing out of things I may not be thinking of would be appreciated! :) Thanks!

(Also, I have contacted and am waiting to consult with an LC...but, in the meantime, thought I'd ask my questions to you ladies). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml