Breastfeeding

Apple Juice is helping my supply!!!

Y'all, I couldn't believe how simple this was - it was so simple that it took a couple different trial and errors for me to actually believe it worked...

I drank a couple cups of hot apple cider while tailgating in the cold for a football game last weekend. About 2 hours later while I was pumping, I pumped double what I normally pump! I didn't even link it to the apple cider until the other morning when I again got about 2 more ounces than usual and I had had hard apple cider the night before (that was the only thing out of the ordinary).

I googled "apple juice and breast milk" and found only a few other message boards where moms basically said "am I crazy, or did apple juice just up my supply?"

I've been mixing 1 part apple juice to 4 parts water all day everyday (to my normal water amount), and I get at least 1-2 ounces extra when I pump now! My boobs even feel full about 30 mins after I drink the juice/water mix. I am SO EXCITED!! I've tried EVERYTHING else to up my supply, and nothing else has made even a slight difference...who knew that apple juice was my saving grace?? :o

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml