Breastfeeding

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

My little one is a week old today. He was born at 36 weeks and 2 days. Spent his time in the NICU because I had a fever and they wanted to rule out an infection for him. I had no milk at the time and because he was in the NICU he was on an IV and I did not get to put him to the breast often. So we started formula and I would put him to the breast before giving him formula. In addition I've been pumping regularly. He just came home Saturday and I've been really trying to put him on the breast as often as possible but he gets frustrated because I imagine there is not a lot coming out at once like a bottle. He will latch on, suck and come off and try to latch again but he never stays on for more than 2 minutes at a time before getting off. So I think maybe he's not giving it enough time to get a good flow going. Any advice on how to get him to stay on?

I've been pumping close to two ounces and bottle feeding him that and supplementing with formula if he's still hungry.

Also, how do I know if my milk is fully in? When I squeeze my aerolas I see droplets of milk come out through the pores. But should milk squirt out if its fully in?

I really want to breast feed and I feel like its really hard to do !!

Not to mention how sore my nipples are feeling these days n
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers