July 2012 Moms

What do I do/say? (Loss mentioned)

My husband's cousin lost her baby two days ago. She was two weeks from her due date and she went in for a non-stress test and they could not find the baby's heartbeat. They followed up with an ultrasound and it was determined that the baby had passed.

We're close at all to this cousin (my husband hasn't seen or spoken to her since he was about 10), but I'm heartbroken for her. My husband's immediate family headed down to visit his family in PA (where she lives) for his other cousin's wedding in December (we can't go because I have to work).

There will be lots of talk about Emmett while his family is there and I'm sure they'll be sharing pictures. I know I can't stop that from happening, but I feel terribly guilty that everyone will be cooing over our new baby while she is mourning the loss of hers. In addition, she's reconnected with everyone on Facebook, so family is constantly posting on the pictures I'm uploading of Emmett...

Not really sure where I'm going with this post, I'm just not sure how to feel or if we should do/say anything. Becoming a mother has really changed my perspective on this... a year ago I would have been sad for her, but I wouldn't have truly understand what her loss meant. Now I find myself utterly heartbroken for her. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml