July 2012 Moms

Grrr...snuza frustration!!

We've had quite the time with our snuza. The first one we had kept going off when I was holding LO and it was properly attached and everything. LO was awake and obviously breathing at the time too as I was staring right at her. Then several times I found it in the morning at the bottom of her swaddleme sack, still on but no alarm went off and it wasn't even touching her. I tested it and left it on, sitting by itself on a table. Still no alarm went off. I contacted the company and they were awesome -I'm very happy with their customer service. They sent us a new one right away and we got it 2 days later. We sent our old one in and when I packaged it up to send it, I tried to turn it on to test it again and the battery light came on, flashed red then died! After only having it a month.

Now we have the new one which is working better. However last night it came unclipped from her diaper twice - and this time the alarm did go off both times. I'm glad it actually works but it was such a pain to turn it off since it had moved and she was basically lying on it. I ended up waking her up both times (both times were right after she finally fell asleep too) trying to turn the dang thing off and she woke up screaming. 

What really concerns me though is that the alarm sound is so quiet. I didn't even realize it was the alarm at first, it sounded so faint. I thought DH's watch was beeping or something. I was planning on using it when we get her into her crib in a couple months but there is no way we'll be able to hear that alarm, even with the baby monitor. I'm worried we'll sleep right through it as I almost did - and right now she is like 2 feet away from my head - in her RnP. 

Now I'm going to have to go out and buy an Angelcare monitor too. boo

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml