Breastfeeding

Just looking for encouragement

I feel silly asking but I need the encouragement. I have had very few issues with breastfeeding so far - my supply has been good, DS has had no issues with latch and is gaining weight and growing and his diapers are good, etc.

But I have had one major issue and that is the waking up every two to three hours. My first night in the hospital, the nurses told me to set an alarm to make sure that I was waking DS up every 3 hours at least to eat. Well, I set an alarm but I never needed to use it. DS was not shy about waking up and letting me know he was hungry! And since then, he has not gone for more than 3 hours in between feeding and typically he goes 2 hours at a time with cluster feeds from 8pm-10pm.

So, since DS was born, I have not slept for more than 2 hours at a time basically, and I just started work this week and the broken sleep is getting to me and I just want to know it's worth it to keep breastfeeding and that I'll be able to do it and work.

For what it's worth, my DH has offered to feed DS a bottle of pumped milk so I can sleep longer, but I don't have much of a frozen BM stash and my first two days back at work, I've only pumped enough to replace the feedings that DS has while I'm gone, so I feel like it wouldn't be worth it to dip into my stash just to sleep more.

I very much want to breastfeed for at least the first year.

Sorry for rambling. But if anyone has encouragement or stories to share or anything, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml