Dads & Dads-to-be

Tablets

Any techies on here?? I got an Ipad2 from work last year at our Christmas party and the screen is now cracked. It was dropped. It will cost $100-$150 to be fixed and that's even if it can be fixed (it's pretty bad). I can also use it to get $25 off a new one.

Right now we are thinking about an Ipad mini. The one we would get is $330. From doing some research a lot of people like that it's simple to use. It has Facetime and we already have a MAC laptop so we can transfer stuff back and forth. It doesn't have a retina screen and people are saying it's already obsolete beacuse of it. Apps are being designed for the new retina screen now.

There's also a lot of people that are bashing the mini and prefer the Nexus 7 (google), Kindle Fire HD, or the Android. These all cost about $200 and everyone claims that they are better.

Most of the articles I read get bashed in reviews because that person is getting paid by whoever they are supporting. It's hard to find unbiased comparisons and believe anything that I read.

Anyone here have any insight on this whole tablet war?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker