Breastfeeding

Intro and WWYD?

hello everyone!

I had my twins almost six weeks ago and have been exclusively breastfeeding them.  (Well, they get one bottle a day of expressed BM so I can have a bit of a break).  I'm still having some troubles with sore nipples and sheer exhaustion! But I hope to BF them for at least a year.

I have to have surgery in two weeks, and I was told I would have to discard my milk for 24 hours.  Since I usually only BF, i have just a small supply of frozen BM, about 30 oz.  I figure I'll need to double that just for the one day they will need the bottles.

I'm concerned with how I can do that.  Right now, I've just been pumping once at night while someone bottlefeeds the twins, and I get anywhere from 5-10 oz.  I did try to add a second pumping session earlier in the day but it just seemed to replace the bottle I had to feed them, I didn't come out with any extra.  Between growth spurts and  nursing two babies, I feel like I am feeding them all the time and not sure how to add the pump in there as well.  How would you handle this? TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml